Meyer Tool, Inc. is the world's largest user of fast-hole Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM).
- Over 450 CNC drillers
- Average of 1.7 million cooling holes per day for the gas turbine engine industry
- Proprietary fast-hole EDM process allows us to maintain a hole diameter of ±.0005" and internal flow measurements within ±3% of nominal under normal conditions
- Capability of machining down to .010" at a depth to diameter ratio 100:1
Our patented Encore shaping process allows for the manufacturing of complex 3D shaped diffusers with the hole in a single process sequence.
- Eliminates mismatched shape tool/hole conditions common to the competition's two-step process
- Provides better control over internal mass airflow and the shape of the diffuser characteristic.
In order to ensure that all customer requirements are consistently met, Meyer Tool, Inc. designs and markets automated inspection equipment specific to the nature of the cooling hole process.
- Meyer designed Five-Axis Vision Systems measure the location of each cooling hole independently, providing the machinist with critical positioning feedback.
- The Networked Airflow Test Stand measures the internal mass flow rate through each cooling circuit to ensure all areas of the product receive proper cooling.
- Using back lighting, pressurized water and infra-red radiometer based gauging systems, MTI is able to verify that each hole on the product is completely through and free from foreign objects.
Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) allows intricate shapes and contours to be machined into all types of metal products.
- Nearly 200 Ram / Sinker EDM machines through a combination of manual and programmable CNC machine centers
- Precision down to ±.0005" inches
- Surface finishes down to 63 Ra µin
Our in-house design team partnered with our electrode tooling room provides Meyer Tool, Inc. the flexibility to generate new and redesigned electrodes at the customers' request.
- Proprietary power supply technology
- Unprecedented control over the performance of the cut
- CMM and non-contact vision inspection systems