Multi-Axis Machine Operator has the ability to run multiple machines effectively and efficiently on a continuous basis and can identify problems during the production run, position work pieces, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment.
Performs required operations from basic Conventional machines to 5-axis machines, including loading and unloading of parts, part inspection, electrode preparation and changing; Cleans and performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production, enters required data into computer; Moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Ensures safety protocols are followed; Maintains clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, SOP, shift reports, safety sheets, etc.; Prepares labor sheets and non-conformance forms; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operates wire machine, grinders, micrometers, gauges, various power tools, computer, etc.; Performs related duties as required.
- Set up and switch jobs as required
- Perform tasks efficiently and within standard time allotment
- Keep track of materials in the area
- Minor maintenance of machine
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Verify all parts are conforming before signing off on traveler
- Keep track of all scrap and seek corrective action when necessary
- Run and maintain the function of 2+ machines in a manufacturing cell
- Maintain all inspection gauges and tooling as required
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Must demonstrate a high ability and understanding in the area of machining
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must be able to run parts to spec on a daily basis on multiple machines
- Must be able to read simple part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers and dial calipers accurately after company-provided training
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics after company-provided training
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company within employee capabilities
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Experience in conventional machining such as milling, drilling and turning
- Previous relevant machining experience or education/training in machining
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job #405920222 to email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Sunday September 4th, 2022