The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by providing knowledgeable and courteous assistance to all incoming calls and visitors for Meyer Tool, Inc. This position will represent Meyer Tool as a friendly, courteous, knowledgeable professional. The Administrative Assistant will serve as backup to the Sr. Administrative Assistant when absent.
- Answer all incoming calls to main phone line in a friendly, professional, & pleasant disposition, transferring appropriately
- Control non-Meyer personnel access to front door/main gate in a courteous manner
- Internal and external correspondence, requiring excellent communication and letter writing/editing skills
- Enter training and other data into MPCS
- Enter/Maintain electronic job folders (JDS)
- Coordinate with accounting regarding credit card statements and invoicing
- Coordinate meetings, luncheons, presentations, etc. as needed
- Prepare various department reports
- Manual data-entry for various reports/files, as needed
- Develop and maintain filing systems for various departments
- Assist w/personnel transport, as needed
- Assist w/maintaining appropriate office supply levels
- Assist w/all vital Front Desk operations coverage
- Secure Front Desk area, upon end-of-shift
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent required- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person- documentation required
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- 1-5 years’ experience in administrative or receptionist role
- Be able to write and document information clearly
- Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Microsoft – Office programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle, update and maintain sensitive information in a confidential, timely and professional manner
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Perform any other tasks management deems necessary within employee’s abilities
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud at times. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced, with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume noting job inquiry ID #208110622SC to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
This post will expire on Friday August 12th, 2022