A blender has the ability to run various hand tools effectively and efficiently on a continuous basis and can identify problems during the work, position work pieces, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment. Work can be repetitive yet requires continuous focus on detail
Performs required benching operations with a hand grinder, parts’ inspection, machine preparation, cleaning and performing preventive maintenance and minor adjustments on the assigned equipment; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production; Moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, SPMs, etc.; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel.
- Hand blend parts as needed
- Deburr parts
- Perform repeatedly and with focus on quality of work
- Maintain clean and orderly working environment
- Minor maintenance of machine
- Verify all parts are conforming before signing off on traveler
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Must maintain excellent attendance
- Must be able to work in a grinding booth, wear the necessary PPE
- Must be able to read simple part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers and dial calipers accurately
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
1-5 years’ experience benching/hand grinding
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include very good vision (either natural or corrected); close up vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and excellent hand/eye coordination. The noise level in the work environment may be loud, therefore, must be able to use the required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, submit resume noting job inquiry ID #6610030219TX to the HR Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 3614 Highpoint Drive San Antonio, TX 78217, between the hours of 9am – 4pm Monday – Thursday.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Thursday February 21st, 2019