Will be responsible for brazing components together to assemble fabricated metal parts.
- Preparing miscellaneous components for Vacuum Furnace brazing
- Mixing of braze alloy powders per engineering specifications
- Apply braze alloy paste/tape/foil to braze joints on production parts following SOP/blueprints
- Pre-braze & post-braze inspection of components to ensure braze joints meet quality requirements
- Order and maintain braze alloy supplies & application equipment necessary for furnace braze operations
- Grit blasting and resistance welding required
- Assist the Supervisor/Manager, as needed, with various audits and compliance projects
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person- documentation required
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints
- Experience using measurement tools including mics and calipers
- Experience and willingness to prepare surfaces for honeycomb/alloy installation required. This includes having the necessary skills required to operate a variety of hand tools (grinders, sanders, etc.)
- Strong math background
- Familiarity of GD&T
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
- Heat Treat or Vac Furnace experience a plus
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate information to other both verbally and in writing in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Prior Welding experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands, and arms, and communicate. Will be required to move throughout the facility. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 25% of the work day). The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, submit resume noting job inquiry ID #350141023 to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.