Will perform a variety of calibration operations in accordance with appropriate company procedures, and specifications to ensure the integrity of measurement equipment. Complete various departmental reports, including discrepancy. Must maintain accurate record of daily calibrating activity. Perform in a safe and productive manner in compliance with company policies and procedures. Maintain work station in a clean and orderly manner. Perform other duties as required by supervisor or management.
- Utilize normal and complex test or diagnostic equipment and use software tools for data analysis and reporting
- Provide support and instruction to less experienced technical personnel
- Participate in cross-training efforts interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in inspection or relevant technical field
- High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Familiarity with precision measuring equipment including, but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, dial gauges, height gauges, etc.
- Ability to perform a variety of highly technical, moderately complex tasks which require a substantial understanding of all technical objectives
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work from documentation, schematics, diagrams, notes, prints and layouts
- Ability to identify problems and to assist with resolutions. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information
- Must be able to work as a member of a technical team, utilizing effective communication skills
- Ability to utilize normal and complex test or diagnostic equipment and use software tools for data analysis and reporting
- Excellent attendance record
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- Must be willing to travel within US and internationally with as little as 24 hour notice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) and ability to visually distinguish colors required
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- Associate’s degree in Metrology, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology plus 2 years of related experience OR, in the absence of degree, 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in progressively complicated calibration as well as maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of precision measuring equipment and calibration systems
- Thorough knowledge of measurement theory application and processes in more than one discipline
- Knowledge and experience relating to MPCS and ISO 17025
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Employee must bend, squat and stoop at times. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color perception, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #302081122 to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.