The Cell Lead will assist the Manufacturing Supervisor in the day-to-day management of operations. Together they will manage the performance and schedule of personnel. Ensuring quality product and service delivery within the scope and timing of the projects, proper training, workflow methods, and operational techniques of employees, and timely communications with and delivery of reports. Will help manage and facilitate policy, procedures, safety practices and standard operating procedures. Performs required operations of Makino Operator. This position will require a motivated leader, communicator, and problem solver who can motivate and assist in directing employees.
- Assisting in supervising and coordinating all activates of employees assigned to the department
- Communicate with other shift/cell leaders and members of the department, by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department as instructed by Supervisor
- Liaise with all supporting departments to resolve problems
- Assist in directing the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality
- Accurately and promptly assist in completing all paperwork associated with the position (corrective actions, scrap reports, production reports, downtime, employee evaluations, etc.)
- Assist with coordinating production part rework activity, as needed
- Assist Supervisor in ensuring all employees abide by safety and quality company standards and regulations
- Training with supervisor to ensure that job performance problems and conflicts are resolved fairly in accordance with the Employee Handbook with assistance of Human Resource Department
- Perform job requirements of a Makino Operator
- All other responsibilities, duties and/ or training that are assigned by supervisors
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Assist in new Makino set up and different part group set up
- Attend Makino trainings and train internally
Requirements and Expectations:
- Ability to run and set up all Makino machines
- Must have ability to train other employees on Makino processes and procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Minimum 1 year of Makino experience
- Must have flexibility in hours based on business necessity
- Must have ability to interact with internal and external customers and communicate in a respectful and efficient manner
- Strong team building skills: ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to go above and beyond to drive processes for internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to inspect work produced using micrometers, gauges, calipers and other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must have the flexibility to work through completion of time critical projects as necessary
- Must be proficient in analyzing information, problem solving and teamwork
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #10914250923CX to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.