Job Description and Function:
Reports to the Quality Manager. Responsible for day-to-day managing of large scale, cross-functional programs that create efficiencies and process improvements aimed towards shop metrics (Quality, Delivery and Cost). Champions and deploys business and process improvement methodologies and toolsets across the organization, and builds capability through knowledge sharing and coaching. Will also participate in internal audits utilizing the applicable standards, ensuring that all internal and external customer requirements are met.
• Lead process improvement initiatives across the organization to deliver efficiencies and benefits to internal and external customers
• Conduct internal audit process to maintain the QMS and report findings per QMS
• Perform data compilation, tracking and reporting including nonconformance trends
• Ensure compliance with internal and external customer requirements
• Continually communicate updates on shop metrics and goals to all employees
• Perform project management activities including initiating and managing Lean Six Sigma projects involving cross-functional teams
• Identify and manage improvement opportunities aimed at changing behaviors to drive standardization, automation and profitability
• Document and monitor projects related to business processes, policies, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives via DCI- 100 summaries
• Utilize Quality and Lean tools as appropriate to drive improvement: Kaizen events, value stream mapping, FMEA, Pareto, POCA, 5-Why, 8D, and 6S
• Facilitate training as needed on QMS or continuous improvement topics
• Promote and develop a continuous improvement culture across the organization
• Performs other duties as assigned or required by management
- Bachelor’s degree business or related field, or equivalent education and experience required- documentation required
- At least four (4) years of progressive continuous improvement or quality experience
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must be organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Basic knowledge of quality and lean tools
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100
- Working knowledge of QMS
- Excellent speaking, listening, and written communication skills in English
- Possess a firm understanding of process improvement techniques and experience in application of the same
- Work without direct supervision
- Must have the ability to inspire and motivate employees at all levels and lead team projects
- Ability to present and train in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers
- Participate in learning new technologies and career development opportunities as presented to facilitate progression and growth within the team
- Excellent attendance in adherence to MTI attendance policy
- Able to prioritize and follow up accordingly with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment with a strong commitment to accountability
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in MS Office
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug and background screening will be required
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for extended periods, use hands, reach with hands, and arms, and communicate. The employee must periodically lift or move up to 30 pounds. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume noting job inquiry ID#382220623R to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.