This individual will write CMM programs using MODUS and PC-DMIS software for inspection of parts, components, tools, gages, etc. in accordance with GD&T and customer dimensional requirements.
- Write and edit CMM programs to check manufactured parts and components
- Assure CMM programs are generated correctly and follow customer requirements
- Read CAD files, blueprints, data, manuals, operation instructions or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, or measuring instruments required for inspection
- Assist CMM operators and other programmers on new techniques for CMM inspection
- Troubleshoot CMM mechanical issues as needed
- Troubleshoot when issues arise with existing programs
- Participate in review processes to determine any possible problems before the programs are written
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Experience with operating and troubleshooting CMMs using Modus and/or PC-DMIS software
- Working knowledge of MODUS and/or PC-DMIS programming
- Working knowledge using math skills as well as advanced algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T
- HS Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- 3+ years of operating and/or programming a CMM
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Advance troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to effectively communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Formal blueprint reading/GD&T courses
- Formal Modus and PC-DMIS programming training
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume noting job inquiry #329810622 to the Human Resources Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.