Will be responsible for the inspection of production and prototype hardware and manufacturing components using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM). Will be cross trained to calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot the CMMs.
Primary job function will be to operate the CMM Machine as well as troubleshoot, maintain and calibrate the systems. May also require cross training in other inspection areas.
- Utilize CMM to inspect complex parts to engineering requirements
- Select and load appropriate programs into the machine for inspection
- Initiate and monitor programs; operate CMM computers and equipment
- Perform and certify inspections in accordance with technical documentation
- Provides the necessary data to the machine operators to reduce the defect rate
- Maintain equipment, including but not limited to machine calibration, cleaning and daily maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise on CMMs throughout the shop
- Assist the Supervisor/Manager, as needed, with various audits and compliance projects
- Inform supervisor or management when concerns with quality issues arise
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results of inspection
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent- Documentation required
- Must meet the ITAR definition of US Person(s)- Documentation required
- Strong math background
- Familiarity of GD&T
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #329840822, to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.