Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the CNC Programmer is responsible for creating, testing, implementing and modifying CNC programs for 4 or 5 axis CNC mills and CNC lathes. Supports Manufacturing and Engineering in terms of on time delivery and quality products.
- Create and edit CNC programs, both interactively and offline
- Create program set up and execution documentation detailing preparation, tool sheets, part orientation and operation instructions for other personnel, or Engineering of op sheets
- Interact and assist with Manufacturing and Engineering personnel in regards to creating conforming parts and meeting process capability
- Generate ideas and suggestions for reducing turnaround time
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Notify supervisors or other personnel about technical production problems
- Train operators on new techniques or new operations
- Troubleshoot and fix existing programs
- Work with manufacturing to prove out processes to make them production ready, develop new techniques, and process improvements
- Conform to Programming standards, and company policies
- Experience in Aerospace or IGT manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience with CAM software (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (2-year Precision Machining Degree preferred)
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong math background in geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledge of conventional and nonconventional machining
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Must be able to use standard gauges (micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.)
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate information and follow instruction in written and spoken English
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- CAD software – SOLIDWORKS, NX,
- CAM software – Mastercam, NX programming experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of Time). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#11700020922BB to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.