The Continuous Improvement Assistant will support 6S, and lean efforts through administrative and project related duties. Additionally, hands on support of the QMS auditing process by performing internal audits. This position will utilize problem-solving techniques, analytical thinking, and interpersonal dynamics.
- Work with all levels of the company to drive continual improvement in products and processes
- Records maintenance and report generation
- Quality and Lean projects as assigned
- In support of managed projects: assist in the application and adoption to manufacturing
- Assist in QMS review via internal audits to ensure compliance with AS9100 and other industry standards and customer requirements
- Work to troubleshoot, repair and replace tools and resources for overall process and performance improvement including carts, toolboxes, shadow boards, etc.
- Organize, order, and replenish supplies and other tasks as needed
- Utilize Quality and Lean tools as appropriate to drive improvement: Value Stream Mapping (VSM), FMEA, Pareto, PDCA, 5-Why, 8D, 6S, Behavior Analysis, etc.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture across the organization
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be able to follow instructions and communicate information to others both verbally and in writing in English
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to communicate professionally with a wide variety of individuals at varying professional levels both inside and outside of the company
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines with limited supervision
- Must have a competitive spirit and willingness to learn
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment testing will be required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent education
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Expert proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Working knowledge of Meyer QMS
- Understanding of basic Quality and Lean tools
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility, sit, stand, use hands/arms, and communicate. The employee must periodically lift or move up to 35 pounds. Work in office environment/shop floor and use of computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #382240823 to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.