The Customer Account Manager operates as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to customer accounts and is the essential driver of customer needs through the business process. They are the liaison between the customer and MTI business segments. They are responsible for driving timely execution in matters of quoting, purchase order and job release, status tracking with open and transparent communication to the customer, and escalation of issues to executives for resolution. This is a fast-paced position that requires individuals to have the ability to focus and execute in a structured and active environment.
Responsible for coordinating customer requirements, facilitating inquiries, quotes, purchase orders, and customer account information. Performs contract management for current and future orders, pricing, lead times, and contractual requirements. Respond to customer inquiries by researching status of order utilizing their strong experience base and product knowledge. Performs work with limited direct supervision. Build and maintain business relationships with customers by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty. Plays a critical role in providing an interface between customer and MTI and should handle customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Handle complex service questions from customer and apply sound judgment in resolving issues
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Identify potential new business opportunities among existing customers
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Determine customer needs and facilitate effective and efficient processing and tracking of customer jobs from job release to closure
- Maintain daily requirements for internal or external customers through MTI order entry system
- Facilitate the quote process to ensure all requests for quotes are completed on time and in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Interface with operations, production control, engineering, and quality to maintain status of existing and pending jobs in order to provide the customer with accurate pricing and manufacturing lead time estimates
- Proactively interface with customers, understand and solve account related issues on a regular basis through phone calls, emails, in person meetings, and other methods
- Work closely with production control and engineering to align jobs with proper documentation to satisfy customer’s requirements via customer portal or similar required process
- Initiate Contract Review, job creation, and job release
- Manage and coordinate the resolution to all customer order complaints and/or non-compliant purchase order issues
- Identify and escalate terms and conditions in contracts or purchase orders to management for resolution, when required
- Complete transactions for price verification, researching part numbers, evaluating lead times, and similar transaction to address customer needs
- Discernment of export documentation, FAA requirements and/or other required export licenses/agreements and administering of same in support export laws and purchase order/program requirements
- Review customer aged receivables with accounting department and reach out to customers to resolve payment issues
- Track and maintain up to date knowledge regarding any and all non-conforming hardware and non-conforming reports
- Manage and report customer owned inventory as required for in-process consigned parts
- Utilize system tools to pull data and manipulate for internal/external status updates
- Ensure daily that planned/required shipments are processed for shipment
- Perform miscellaneous duties assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; Associate’s degree in Sales & Marketing or related field required
- At least one (1) year of experience in a direct customer support/service position
- At least one (1) year of experience reviewing and interpreting quotes, PO’s and terms and conditions
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing with customer to understand needs and concerns
- Strong administrative skills: organization, time management, planning and problem solving
- Must work well with limited direct supervision, be results oriented, and hard working to consistently provide exceptional service
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation and a sense of urgency
- Know and understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment, with the ability to prioritize and follow up accordingly
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in MS Office
- Must have the ability to travel occasionally within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must periodically lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #230180222SC to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.