The Customer Service Administrative Assistant provides a variety of customer and administrative services. This position is responsible for driving timely execution in matters of quoting, PO and job release, status tracking with open and transparent communication to the team, and escalation of issues to the management for resolution. Supports management and business segments with typing, scheduling, obtaining supplies, photocopying and scanning of various forms of information. Will Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards.
- Order entry of: quotes, purchase orders, and customer services account information on time and in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Perform contract management for current and future orders, pricing, lead times and contractual requirements
- Maintain daily requirements for customer through Meyer Tool’s order entry system
- Interact with customers, understand and solve account related issues on a regular basis through phone calls, emails, and other methods
- Complete transactions for price verification, researching part numbers, evaluating lead times, and similar transaction to address customer needs
- Review and address customer receivables with accounting department when applicable
- Track and maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding any and all non-conforming hardware and non-conforming reports
- Answer telephone calls in a friendly, professional and pleasant disposition, transferring callers promptly and appropriately
- Compose and prepare correspondence and other forms of communications in professional and understandable formats
- Plan and coordinate meetings, luncheons, presentations and other company events to successful completion
- Create and maintain filing systems for easy and fast access of documents
- Recommend administrative systems for enhanced efficiency
- Project and uphold Meyer Tool company image, reputation and values
- Perform assigned projects and other duties delegated by supervisor
- Must meet one of the education + experience combinations below:
- Associate’s Degree in Sale & Marketing or relevant field with 2+ years’ experience in customer account management and/or administrative services
- High School Diploma/equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in customer account management and/or administrative services
- Must meet the ITAR definition of US Person(s)-documentation required
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and appropriate workplace etiquette
- Ability to focus and execute in a structured yet dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing with customer to understand needs and concerns
- Strong administrative skills: organization, time management, planning, and problem solving
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation and a sense of urgency
- Know and understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Must be results oriented and consistently provide exceptional service
- Ability to prioritize and follow up accordingly
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must periodically lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 90% of the work day). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May traverse staircases frequently. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#230190622 to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Friday August 12th, 2022