The Customer Service Representative (CSR)/Administrative Services provides a variety of customer and administrative services as the essential driver of customer needs throughout the business process. Serves as the liaison between internal and external customers and Meyer business segments. This position is responsible for driving timely execution in matters of quoting, PO and job release, status tracking with open and transparent communication to the customer, and escalation of issues to executives for resolution. Supports management and business segments with typing, scheduling, obtaining supplies, photocopying and scanning of various forms of information. Will Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards.
- Coordinate customer requirements, facilitating inquiries, quotes, purchase orders, and customer services account information on time and in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Perform contract management for current and future orders, pricing, lead times and contractual requirements
- Respond to customer inquiries by researching status of orders utilizing their strong experience base and product knowledge
- Maintain daily requirements for customer through MTI order entry system
- Interface with operations, production, and quality departments to maintain status of existing and pending jobs in order to provide the customer with accurate pricing and manufacturing lead time estimates
- Work closely with production and quality departments to align orders with proper documentation to satisfy customer requirements
- Interact with customers, understand and solve account related issues on a regular basis through phone calls, emails, and other methods
- Identify and escalate terms and conditions in contracts or purchase orders to management when applicable
- Complete transactions for price verification, researching part numbers, evaluating lead times, and similar transaction to address customer needs
- Review and address customer receivables with accounting department when applicable
- Track and maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding any and all non-conforming hardware and non-conforming reports
- Manually enter and gather data, and prepare reports for utilization by management and various departments
- Answer telephone calls in a friendly, professional and pleasant disposition, transferring callers promptly and appropriately
- Compose and prepare correspondence and other forms of communications in professional and understandable formats
- Plan and coordinate meetings, luncheons, presentations and other company events to successful completion
- Create and maintain filing systems for easy and fast access of documents
- Recommend administrative systems for enhanced efficiency
- Assist with Safety program and purchasing functions
- Project and uphold Meyer Tool company image, reputation and values
- Perform assigned projects and other duties delegated by supervisor
Requirements/Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree in Sales & Marketing or related field and 3 years’ experience in a Customer Service Representative role
- Must meet the ITAR definition of US Person(s)-documentation required
- Three or more years of experience reviewing and interpreting quotes, PO’s and terms and conditions
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and appropriate workplace etiquette
- Ability to focus and execute in a structured yet dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Handle complex service questions from customer while applying sound judgment in resolving issues
- Interact and carry out activities seamlessly with various multiple departments and personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing with customer to understand needs and concerns
- Strong administrative skills: organization, time management, planning, and problem solving
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation and a sense of urgency, meeting critical deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Know and understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Must be result oriented and consistently provide exceptional service
- Ability to prioritize and follow up accordingly
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in direct customer support/service position in an aerospace manufacturing or related environment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must periodically lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May traverse staircases frequently. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #230210123CX to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.