Reporting to the QC Manager, the Day Shift Inspection Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Inspection department’s day shift. Will manage the performance and schedule of personnel working in a variety of departments within headquarters; Will ensure quality product and service delivery within the scope and timing of the projects; Will provide and ensure proper training, workflow methods, and operational techniques of employees; Will provide timely communications and delivery of reports; Will help manage and facilitate policy, procedures, safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in supervising and coordinating all activities of employees assigned to the department
- Communicate with team leaders and members of the department, by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department as dictated by supervisor
- Liaise with all supporting departments regarding quality assurance and resolution
- Assist in directing the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality
- Accurately and promptly complete all paperwork associated with the position (corrective actions, scrap reports, production reports, downtime, employee evaluations, etc.)
- Assist with coordinating production part rework activity, as needed
- In coordination with Management, implement process improvements
- Ensure that job performance conflicts are resolved fairly in accordance with the Employee Handbook with assistance of Human Resource Department
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Maintain knowledge of ongoing relevant changes, trends, and technologies as they relate to the position and/or department
- Work in cooperation and coordination with other shift supervisors in the department
- All other responsibilities, duties and/ or training that are assigned by supervisors
- Combination of Associate’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or High School diploma and 5+ years of relevant manufacturing leadership Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person- documentation required
- Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints
- Understanding of tooling, programming, and set-ups of machinery
- Ability to inspect work produced using micrometers, gauges, calipers and other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications
- Must be proficient in advanced mathematics, such as calculus
- Must be able to follow instructions and clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Must have the flexibility to work through completion of time critical projects as necessary
- Proficient Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, and Windows Explorer, etc.
- Must be proficient in analyzing information, problem solving and teamwork
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is preferred
- 4 or more years’ experience in manufacturing or quality environment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility/facilities, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 45% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #3201450923 to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.