EDM Machine Operator has the ability to run multiple machines effectively and efficiently on a continuous basis and can identify problems during the production run, position work pieces, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment.
Performs required operations on EDM machines, including setups, loading and unloading of parts, part inspection, electrode preparation and changing; Cleaning and performing preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production, enters required data into computer; Moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, SOP, shift reports, safety sheets, etc.; Prepares labor sheets and non-conformance forms; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operates EDM machine, grinders, micrometers, gauges, various power tools, computer, etc.; Performs related duties as required.
- Set up and switch jobs as required
- Perform tasks efficiently and within standard time allotment
- Keep track of materials in the area
- Minor maintenance of machine
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Verify all parts are conforming before signing off on traveler
- Keep track of all scrap and seek corrective actions when necessary
- Run and maintain the function of 2+ machines in a manufacturing cell
- Maintain all inspections gauges and tooling as required
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Adhere to all quality standards
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or have a Canadian work permit
- Must demonstrate a high ability in the area of machining
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Be able to write and document information clearly
- Must be able to run parts to spec on a daily basis on multiple machines
- Must be able to read part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers and dial calipers accurately
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- Meyer Tool is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Experience in conventional machining such as milling, drilling, and turning
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #1405091219CA to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.