Machine Operator has the ability to run multiple machines effectively and efficiently on a continuous basis and can identify problems during the production run, position work pieces, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment.
Performs required operations on EDM machines, including loading and unloading of parts, part inspection, electrode preparation and changing; Cleans and performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production; Enters required data into computer; Moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, SOP, shift reports, safety sheets, etc.; Prepares labor sheets and non-conformance forms; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operates EDM machine, grinders, micrometers, gauges, various power tools, computer, etc.; Performs related duties as required.
- Set up and switch jobs as required
- Perform tasks efficiently and within standard time allotment
- Keep track of materials in the area
- Minor maintenance of machine
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Verify all parts are conforming before signing off on traveler
- Keep track of all scrap and seek corrective action when necessary
- Run and maintain the function of 2+ machines in a manufacturing cell
- Maintain all inspection gauges and tooling as required
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Must demonstrate a high ability in the area of machining
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Be able to communicate, write and document information clearly in English
- Must have an understanding of the machining process
- Must be able to run parts to spec on a daily basis on multiple machines
- Must be able to read simple part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers and dial calipers accurately
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Experience in Conventional machining such as milling, drilling and turning
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary; sit; use hand to finger, handle, feel; stand, move throughout the facility and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or position materials up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #4081021022SC to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.