The AutoCAD Draftsman will create wiring and layout diagrams using Electrical AutoCAD software. Will work with Engineers to create design concepts for CAD models, develop product designs, and generate models for automated advanced machinery.
- Accurately create detailed schematics, single line, cable/conduit runs, and terminal block diagrams
- Create BOMs
- Adhere to all safety and quality standards
- Must meet one of the education + experience combinations below:
- Associate’s Degree in AutoCAD Drafting/Computer Design with 2+ years’ experience
- High School Diploma/equivalent with 5+ years’ drafting experience
- Must meet the ITAR definition of US Person(s)-documentation required
- Proficiency in Electrical AutoCAD
- UL Panel build or CAD drawing experience
- Branch circuit protection knowledge
- Familiarity with NEC/ NFPA70 / DFPA79
- Excellent understanding of wire sizing, wire types, and color codes
- Ability to work independently and develop drawings from scratch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to follow detailed instructions and communicate information to others
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to do occasional hands-on tasks if business needs dictate
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must periodically lift/or move up to 35 pounds. May be required to bend, stoop, or kneel at times. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 90% of the work day). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May traverse staircases frequently. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#545361022ATD to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.