Use technical knowledge, existing documentation, and test equipment to troubleshoot and repair electronic systems to the component level. Work with Management, Engineering, and other organizations to analyze and recommend improvements to existing designs and test procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic systems to component level
- Ability to read electrical and electronic schematics
- Understand single and 3 phase AC power
- Knowledge of motors and transformers
- Familiar with PLC programming and ladder logic
- Installation, assembling and fabrication of electronics / electrical components based on technical specifications
- Possess the ability to solder to the component level
- Ability to read and operate various measuring equipment related to electronics (Oscilloscope, digital multi-meters, signal analyzers, etc.)
- Ability to accurately annotate and maintain repair documents
- Make cable and wiring connections accurately
- Perform regular inspection to identify defects and replacements
- Perform system testing to evaluate performance and functionality
- Maintain documentations of system installation and maintenance procedures
- Coordinate with management to determine deadlines for the assigned task
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Develop prototypes for feasibility analysis and make product presentations
- Understand drawings, technical manuals, and instructions for performing system installation activities
- Familiar with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Participate in cross-training efforts interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to all safety and quality standards
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Minimum 5 years of electrical and electronic troubleshooting experience
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- 2 year Associates Degree or equivalent in the electronic field
- 5+ years of previous manufacturing experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Will be required to move throughout the facility. Will need to bend, stretch, stoop, kneel, and/or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Will be required to move throughout the facility. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume noting job inquiry #510201221ATDR to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.