The Electron Beam (EB) welder operator will prepare, arrange, fit, assemble and EB weld a variety of materials (stainless, carbon, nickel alloy, cobalt alloy etc.), and components using a CNC controlled Electron Beam Welding machine.
- Apply EB welding processes to various parts, assemblies, and components
- Set-up, program, and operate EB and CNC controls for the EB welding process
- Interpret and execute production using drawings and blue prints
- Planning and general set up of EB welding operations in the facility, semi-manual and/or automatic, within the limits of certifications in accordance with customer requirements and current methods and process sheets
- Check welds visually and dimensionally with precision measuring instruments for conformance to blueprints and specifications
- Utilize working knowledge of welding practice and weld – ability of current metal groups within their certification
- Be a flexible team player and participate with problem solving and continuous improvements
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- All other duties and/or tasks assigned by supervisor
- Must meet the ITAR definition of US Person(s)- Documentation required
- Must have high school diploma (or equivalent)- Documentation required
- Must pass weld test coupons per AWS D17 (ref weld groups stainless, Nickle, Cobalt, Alum and Titanium)
- Must have sheet metal fabrications skills, familiar with assembly/disassembly procedures
- Must be able to Set-up, program and operate EB and CNC controls for the welding process
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using CNC controlled EB welding equipment
- Experience with aerospace alloys such as Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, Cobalt and Alum
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- 5 years’ experience EB CNC welding of aerospace alloys such as Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, Cobalt and Alum.
- Experience with in-process use of FPI a plus
Physical Demands /Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move between 35-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #9900220721AMK to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Saturday December 16th, 2023