Use technical knowledge, existing documentation, and test equipment to troubleshoot and repair electronic systems to the component level. Work with Management, Engineering, and other organizations to analyze and recommend improvements to existing designs and test procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic systems to component level
- Installation, assembling and fabrication of electronics / electrical components based on technical specifications
- Make cable and wiring connections accurately
- Perform regular inspection to identify defects and replacements
- Perform system testing to evaluate performance and functionality
- Maintain inventory control of electronic components and tools
- Maintain documentations of system installation and maintenance procedures
- Coordinate with management to determine deadlines for the assigned task
- Recommend upgrades and modifications to improve system performance
- Develop prototypes for feasibility analysis and make product presentations
- Understand drawings, technical manuals, and instructions for performing system installation activities
- Participate in cross-training efforts interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to all safety and quality standards
- Ability to read electrical and electronic schematics
- Understand single and 3 phase AC power
- Knowledge of motors and transformers
- Familiar with PLC programming and ladder logic
- Possess the ability to solder to the component level
- Ability to read and operate various measuring equipment related to electronics (Oscilloscope, digital multi-meters, signal analyzers, etc.)
- Ability to accurately annotate and maintain repair documents
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Familiarity and experience with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
- Limited travel may be required– Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required
- High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Minimum 2 years electrical and electronic troubleshooting experience
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- The ability to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to follow instructions verbally and in writing in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- 2 years Associates Degree or equivalent in the electronic field
- 1-3 years of previous manufacturing experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to mover throughout the facilities, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #510170821ATD to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.