Support manufacturing and customers with developing operational sequences, manufacturing methods, tooling, and all items needed to achieve engineering and manufacturing team goals according to product specifications.
Responsible for creating and maintaining process planning instructions to support shop floor manufacturing. Assist the manufacturing process with managing tooling, programming, and special process requests. Work with outside vendors for raw material and special process quotes and initiate purchasing requests. Manage established production projects. Create manufacturing process maps and milestone charts for customer presentations. Work hands-on, interacting with shop floor personnel, engineering, and manufacturing groups to ensure lean plans are created and implemented.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain process routings and operation instructions throughout the manufacturing product life cycle.
- Identify manufacturing process improvements in order to increase efficiency, product quality, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical support and communicate with manufacturing and floor personnel effectively on a daily basis.
- Assist Production Control and Customer Service to ensure that schedules are met and communicated to the customer.
- Troubleshoot shop floor issues and implement corrective actions.
- Attend customer meetings (kick off, coordination review, and close out).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration, or an Associate’s Degree in a relevant field with 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in manufacturing process development and machining principles
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Must be able to use standard gauges (micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.)
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office products
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – Documentation required
- Excellent speaking, listening, comprehension, and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Entry level position experience based on schooling and any relevant work history.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facilities, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job #9700090922AMK to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.