Supports Project Engineers with specifying and developing operational sequence, manufacturing methods, details, tooling, and all items needed to achieve engineering, and manufacturing team goals according to product specification.
Reports to the Engineering Manager. Supports Project Engineers with evaluating customer drawings, models, and specifications to determine the most efficient machining process used to manufacture high quality products by utilizing lean concepts and continuous improvement methods. Work hands-on, interacting with shop floor personnel, engineering, and manufacturing groups to ensure lean plans are created and implemented.
- Maintains project team accomplishments by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and actions items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; escalating project completion impediments.
- Prepares engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations.
- Keep track of best practices; coordinates with engineers and appropriate shop personnel to implement across value streams in the manufacturing process.
- Supports engineering in the creation of process routing and operation instructions, and maintains these items throughout the life of the product.
- Monitors manufacturing process for issues that arise and works with engineering team and appropriate shop personnel to troubleshoot and implement corrective actions.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Attend customer meetings (kick off, coordination review, and close out)
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
- Currently enrolled in a program to acquire an Engineering Technology Degree or related field; or HS Diploma with 3-5 years’ experience in aerospace or industrial gas turbine engineering
- Knowledge of conventional and nonconventional machining
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – Documentation required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Must be able to use standard gauges (micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.)
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- Must be willing to travel within US and internationally if need arises
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or similar training
- Understanding of quality systems such as AS9100, ISO and NADCAP
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings with GD&TCAD software (NX, AutoCAD, or similar)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 50% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #7001120523SC to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.