The Machine Maintenance Technician position will report to the Machine Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of hydraulic and mechanical systems, applying thorough knowledge of mechanical technologies and principles. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems related to the above systems and works under minimal amount of supervision to resolve problems with production equipment.
- Assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for equipment such as production machinery, production or development test equipment and support systems
- Assists with hazardous waste pickup, movement and storage in accordance with regulatory requirements, as required
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings and assembly drawings for mechanical systems or machinery
- Coordinates and participates in installation of equipment, connection valves, pumps, hydraulic, and mechanical devices
- Diagnoses and corrects the challenging problems in production machinery and/or test equipment. Devises solutions to complex problems including fabrication of parts, system modifications to provide additional functionality and performs analysis on existing systems to determine process capability
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and documents completion of these tasks
- Documents mechanical or electrical problems and utilizes internal and external resources to find solutions to those problems
- Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments; performs precision alignment of machinery and balancing for rotating
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- High School diploma or equivalent required- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Persons- documentation required
- Must have very strong mechanical aptitude
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information
- Ability to read and use a wide range of precision mechanical measurement devices
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and hydraulic schematics
- The ability to identify problems and to assist with resolutions. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills through training.
- Understanding of continuous improvement processes to improve operational effectiveness with training
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will me required.
Experience repairing Makino type machining centers or grinders
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, stoop, bend at the waist, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 10% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job
To apply you must submit resume noting job inquiry ID#525070423kY to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.