FAA Testing Required
Reporting to the production supervisor, candidates will be trained on masking, grit blasting, reading work instructions, loading chemical strip tanks, and furnace operation. Develop the ability to use predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specification to perform in-process and complete machined parts and mechanical assemblies.
Trained candidates will be able to perform required operations, including loading and unloading of parts, part inspection; Cleans and performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production, enters required data into computer; Moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, shift reports, SPM, safety sheets, reading Work Instructions , etc. Prepares labor sheets and non-conformance forms; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operates grinders, micrometers, gauges, various power tools, masking, grit blasting , loading chemical strip tanks and furnace operations, etc.; Performs related duties as required. Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards.
- Must be US Person(s) as defined by ITAR- documentation required
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Strong math background
- Must be able to safely and precisely use utility knives and similar sharp tools
- Must be able to wear half-face and full-face respirators, when required
- Good communication skills
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- FAA Testing and Training Required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment FAA drug testing will be required.
Job Requirements after Training:
- Must be able to read simple part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers and dial calipers accurately
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics
- Ability to use SPC and interpret data
- Experience in operating machinery in a production environment
- Experience in using measuring equipment is a plus such as: height gauge, micrometers ID/OD, calipers and indicators
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary; sit; use hand to finger, handle, feel; stand, move throughout the facility, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, and / or position materials up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 #’s. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #6620030821TX to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Tuesday August 16th, 2022