Furnace operators perform all functions associated with treating hardware that is required to be processed in a furnace. Tasks include pulling travelers, washing and blasting parts, loading and unloading furnaces.
- Extensive use of the MPCS system
- Extensive use of other various software packages including ORION, ATLAS, Microsoft Outlook and more
- Must operate all furnaces and auxiliary equipment including grit blaster and parts washer
- Maintain work station in a clean and orderly manner
- Use and/or interpret processing information from work instructions, travelers, and other written or verbal instructions in accomplishing work assignment
- Understand and utilize the controls and instruments on the coating and heat treating equipment to process materials properly
- Recognize, diagnose, take any necessary in-process actions and report equipment malfunctions to supervisor
- Communicate with other departments to provide continuous feedback for quality of hardware
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Must maintain accurate record of daily production activity
- Perform in a safe and productive manner in compliance with company policies and procedures, adhering to all safety standards
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor or management
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US person(s)- documentation required
- Keyboarding skill sufficient to enter data into Microsoft Office software
- Be able to communication information clearly to others verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be responsive with department personnel/associates to promote a cooperative environment
- Participate in cross-training efforts and interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- 20/25 vision (corrected) required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job #850230822 to email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.