This position is responsible for creating and maintaining programs for PR grinders, DJ grinders, and Surface Grinders using a combination of manual programming methods and proprietary internal grinding tools (IRIS). Position would require improving and maintaining grinding processes primarily located at HQ.
Reports to the CNC Programming Manager. Assists the Engineering and Programming Department in establishing, maintaining, and improving grinding processes through the development, writing, and implementation of grinding related procedures and work instructions, assuring their effectiveness, utilizing various continuous improvement initiatives, and through the support of inspection/product assessment activities.
- Create, modify, and maintain CNC programs for multiple types of Grinding machines
- Fulfill programming needs for multiple departments and all satellite facilities
- Assist operators with machine setup, process prove out, and troubleshooting as needed
- Maintain program availability using DNC and network resources
- Train and support operators on various grinding equipment
- Assist others in projects both inside and outside of the CNC programming department
- Work closely and coordinate with Engineering, Quality Engineering and Production Supervisors
- Oversee IRIS program implementation and prove-out
- Support and trouble shoot grinding processes in Cincinnati and assist in Kentucky facilities where needed
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in machining & grinding machines
- Must be able to read G Code, DJ Variable, MF Variable, 3-axis Variable and 5-axis Variable programs
- Familiarity with IRIS programming method
- Strong understanding of grinding fundamentals and principles
- Previous experience leading or assisting in production and/or quality projects
- Proficient at machine setup procedures
- Willingness to work hands-on with production associates on the production floor, including setup, programming, processing and trouble shooting
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software tools
- Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
- Must be able to follow instructions and communicate information to others both verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and management teams in a concise manner
- Must be able to travel to attend job specific training and seminars
- Must have the ability and desire to work overtime, including weekends
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person (documentation required)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in CNC Machining/Programming
- Segment / ring and PR/DJ grinding exposure
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility, stand, use hands, reach with hands, and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button, scroll mouse and keyboard – 60% of the work day). The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply you must submit resume noting job inquiry ID#450040723 to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.