Responsible for providing support, communication and records for repairs, troubleshooting, analyzing and maintaining the computer system, terminal, network, and peripheral equipment relating to computers and network hardware and software; Work independently or as a team member, under supervision of the Help Desk Manager, in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet IT quality and scheduled goals of the company; Adhere to all quality and safety standards. This is a hands-on position in an advanced manufacturing environment, frequently requiring technical support for various types of computerized machinery.
- Will isolate, resolve and follow-up with end-users to resolve technical problems
- Perform analysis and administrative tasks in the planning, design and installation of new and existing personal computer-based applications
- Troubleshoot and modify PC software applications
- Prepare systems for deployment to end-users, including configuration and set-up
- Load required software, operating systems, and components
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all computer system equipment
- Document all procedures used to fix or correct problems
- Diagnose and repair problems while following defined guidelines and procedures
- Participate with special projects, hardware and software installations, backup and recovery procedures, wiring and network fundamentals, and other duties required
- Track and manage equipment and stock inventory to include escalating stock level replenish needs
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must meet ITAR definition of US person- documentation required
- High School diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- 2+ years working experience in a computer related field. Applicable years of academic schooling or internships may substitute for experience
- Must have working knowledge of PC hardware and desktop operating systems
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP, Citrix and Cisco VPN
- Basic understanding of Cisco switches, routers, and TCP / IP networking
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, administration, creation of user accounts and internet email
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to present in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Ability to provide technical support for advanced manufacturing
- Ability to be trained on, and use, equipment such as scissor lifts (training will be provided)
- Ability to do tasks in various conditions/environments which may include, but not limited to: high temperatures, heights, tight spaces, shop environments, office environments
- Must have a competitive spirit and willingness to learn
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- A+ certification or Microsoft MCSA certification a plus
- Previous IT experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move throughout the facility, sit, stoop & kneel. Will use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear on a regular basis. Occasionally will be required to climb or balance; crouch or crawl. Work can occur in tight places that are dirty in which the employee may have to crawl. Some work may occur at 6 ft or higher from floor. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume noting job inquiry #580641023CX to the Human Resources Department by email at email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.