Responsible for providing support, communication and records for repairs, troubleshooting, analyzing and maintain the computer system, terminal, network, and peripheral equipment relating to computers and network hardware and software and computer interface on production machinery. Will work both independently and as a team member, under supervision of IT management, in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet IT quality and scheduled goals of the company. Work is performed in office and manufacturing settings.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers
- Will isolate, resolve and follow-up with end-users to resolve technical problems
- Performs analysis and administrative tasks in the planning, design and installation of new and existing personal computer-based applications
- Troubleshoots and modifies PC software applications
- Prepare systems for deployment to end-users, including configuration and set-up
- Load required software, operating systems and components
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all computer system equipment
- Document all procedures used to fix or correct problems
- Diagnose and repair problems following defined guidelines and procedures
- Participate with special projects, hardware and software installations, backup and recovery procedures, wiring and network fundamentals, and other duties required
- Tracking and managing equipment and stock inventory to include escalating stock level replenish needs
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must meet ITAR definition of US person (documentation required)
- High School diploma or equivalent (documentation required)
- 2+ years working experience in a computer related field. Applicable years of academic schooling or internships may substitute for experience
- Must have working knowledge of PC hardware and desktop operating systems
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP, Citrix and Cisco VPN
- Basic understanding of Cisco switches, routers, and TCP / IP networking
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, administration, creation of user accounts and internet email
- Strong organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to present in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Must have a problem solving mindset, attitude toward customer service, and willingness to learn
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- A+ certification or Microsoft MCSA certification a plus
- Prior Help Desk experience a plus
- Prior machine and/or mechanical experience a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; kneel. Will use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear on a regular basis. Occasionally will be required to climb or balance; crouch or crawl. Work can occur in tight places that are dirty in which the employee may have to crawl. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protection equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID#580211218, to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com or apply in person Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm at 3055 Colerain Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45225. No phone calls or agencies.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Monday February 18th, 2019