The HQ Receptionist is responsible for providing world-class customer service by providing knowledgeable and courteous assistance to all incoming callers and visitors. This position will represent Meyer Tool as a friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable professional. As the first face and voice of Meyer Tool, a professional demeanor is required at all times to properly represent the Company. Candidate will interact with all levels of management and employees. This role includes administrative duties with responsibility for various Human Resources functions and provides support to the HR department in the areas of data entry, filing, and other functions. Will assist the department with projects as assigned.
- Answering all incoming calls in a friendly, professional and pleasant disposition
- Knowledgeable and courteous service while assisting customers and transferring to appropriate associate for further assistance
- Greeting visitors and vendors in a professional manner, ensuring all check-in procedures are adhered to
- Receiving in sensitive HR related documentation for the department
- Backup to afternoon receptionist during breaks, lunches, vacations & other absences
- Assisting other office/HR personnel as needed
- Maintaining Company Store – stock, process orders, inventory etc.
- Data entry, filing, and maintenance of applications, resumes, and requisition related information
- Opening the lobby, front desk, and related areas in the morning. Punctuality is a critical part of this role.
- Function effectively and harmoniously within a team environment
- Internal and external correspondence requiring excellent letter and email writing skills
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record and have flexibility to cover afternoon receptionist hours when needed with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent; relevant HR training or experience a plus
- 2 years’ experience in administrative or receptionist role with multiple phone lines
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person (documentation required)
- Corporate professional attire and neat appearance
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other associates
- Demonstrate multi-tasking, organization skills, strong attention to detail, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle large amounts of data entry and filing
- Intermediate or Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Typing 35 wpm (minimum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle, update and maintain sensitive information in a confidential, timely and professional manner
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to compose professional and comprehensive letters and emails
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks or projects at a time
- Must be a self-motivated fast learner
- Ability to create pivot tables, dashboards etc.
- 2+ years’ relevant Human Resources experience is a plus
Monday- Friday: 6:45am-3:30pm
Required: Flexibility to cover afternoon receptionist hours when needed. Ex: vacations, absences, and in emergency situations with less than 24 hours’ notice
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud at times. Employee must be able to use required PPE when needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume, noting Job ID #240300723, to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.