Partnering with the Meyer Tool HR Department, provides practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to the Greenville, SC leadership team on benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of Meyer Tool. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization, while being sensitive to corporate needs and maintaining employee goodwill. Effectively partners with management to improve employee engagement and retention, promote positive employee relations, and support training and development to further the objectives of the business.
- Develops and facilitates strong business relationships with managers and supervisors on a wide range of human resource matters including employee relations, performance management, employee development, corrective action issues, employee engagement, recruiting, and employment terminations. Provides pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues
- Raises proactive issues with manager, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues, and recommending appropriate action plans.
- Acts as primary contact for employees to answer questions, resolve issues, and promote employee engagement
- Assists with planning, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of employee relations, equal employment opportunity, diversity, performance management, and compensation programs
- Within HQ compliance guidelines, develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually, and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Coordinates and administers the onboarding program; handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Develops and promotes feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of human resources services and processes
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Creates and conducts presentations as needed to communicate new and/or changes to organizations initiatives
- Works closely with other departments assisting managers, supervisors, and leads in understanding and implementing procedures and policies
- Promotes diversity and quality while maintaining the company’s goals and core values
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Assists other departments with various tasks as assigned and required
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, human resources, psychology, or social administration from an accredited institution
- PHR Certification or current work toward the certification is desired
- Must meet the ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Working administrative experience with Kronos Workforce software, ADP, Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Solid commitment to customer and employee service
- Articulate communicator with the ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data in addition to policies and procedures to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and explain employment regulation
- Integrity and friendly approachability
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow procedures as they pertain to the role, and ensure others are following them as well
- Good negotiating, mediation, and influencing skills in implementing personnel policies
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures
- Ability to maintain privacy and discretion of all sensitive information
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse, and keyboard – 95% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #240270422SC to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Friday August 12th, 2022