Under the general supervision of the Quality Manager, carries out the day-to-day assistance in the supervision of inspection operations; Ensures quality products and service delivery within the scope and timing of projects, proper training, workflow methods, and operational techniques of employees; Generates timely communications and delivery of reports; Facilitates policy, procedures, safety practices and standard operating procedures; Performs required operations of a Quality Inspector. This position will require a motivated leader, communicator, and problem solver who can motivate and assist in directing employees.
- Assist in supervising and coordinating all activates of employees assigned to the inspection department
- Communicate with other shift leaders and members of the department, by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department as instructed by manager
- Liaise with all supporting departments to resolve problems, communicate workload efforts, etc.
- Assist in directing the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality.
- Accurately and promptly assist in completing all paperwork associated with the position (corrective actions, scrap reports, production reports, downtime, employee performance evaluations, etc.).
- Ensure supplies are available to perform tasks required by inspection department.
- Perform required operations of a quality inspector
- Conduct training with supervisor/manager to ensure that job performance is maintained and addressed in accordance with the Employee Handbook, with assistance of Human Resource Department
- All other responsibilities, duties and/or training that are assigned by management
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Ability to run all Quality Department equipment and processes
- Ability to train other employees in quality processes and procedures
- Flexibility in hours based on business necessity
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Interact with internal and external customers and communicate in a respectful and efficient manner
- Strong team building skills: ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with all levels of the organization
- Excels in driving processes to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to inspect work produced using micrometers, gauges, calipers and other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications
- Ability to provide clear communication and instructions both verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Flexibility to work through completion of time-critical projects as necessary
- Proficient in analyzing information, problem solving and achieving results through teamwork
- High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in quality/inspection, preferably in aerospace or automotive manufacturing field
- Experience in a leadership level role or experience with closely assisting leadership on daily activities
- Proficient computer skills and ability to organize data electronically
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands, and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) required. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume noting job inquiry #5402521023NY to the Human Resources Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.