FAA Testing Required
Reporting to the Quality and Value Stream Manager. Inspector will be responsible for inspecting aerospace/gas turbine engine components for compliance with engineering drawings, customer requirements and company specifications. Accountable to approve items within specifications and recommend disposition of items not meeting standards. Perform required operations on Airflow, Mass Flow, Blending and Benching, Inspections and Verifications. Machine Preparation, loading and un-loading of parts. Clean and perform preventative maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment. Prepare various logs and checklists, and records to document machine operations and daily production. Enter required data into computer; moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed. Maintain safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receive, review, and/or refer to various records or reports including work instruction, travelers, shift reports, SPMs, safety data sheets, etc. as applicable. Identify and reports non-conformances using appropriate MRP systems. Interacts and communicates with various groups of individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operate required machines for job function, including but not limited to grinders, micrometer, gauges, comparator, computers, etc. as applicable. Performs additional related duties as required.
- Must have at least a 2-year degree in science-related field OR 5+ years’ experience in aviation inspection combined with HS diploma
- Must have strong math competency, with the ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results of inspections
- Must have a general understanding of AS9100 and its process within the company
- Must be able to read micrometers and dial accurately and have familiarity with other precision inspection equipment
- Knowledge of benching, deburring, scribing, and blending
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to write and document information clearly
- Must be able to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances, including part drawings and blue prints
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – documentation required
- Participate in cross-training efforts to instruct or acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and provide clear documentation in English
- Must be able to work day, night or swing shift and perform overtime when necessary including weekends
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in MS Office
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- Ongoing FAA testing and training required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment FAA drug testing will be required.
- NDT Level 2 NAS 410
- FAA A&P license (Minimum of Powerplant endorsement)
- Prior FAA Airmen Certificate holder
- Prior experience with visual, airflow, and dimensional inspections of aerospace / gas turbine components at an FAA Repair Station
- Prior experience in Metallurgical Laboratory, Titrations, Calibrations, CMM, and Production Operations
- Demonstrated continuous improvement efforts
- Knowledge of MPCS
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility. The employee must frequently lift, and /or position materials up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #6328010223TX to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.