FAA Testing Required
Overview of Responsibilities:
Inspectors are responsible for inspecting aerospace and gas turbine engine components according to technical data. They are accountable to approve items within specifications and recommend disposition of items not meeting standards. Serving a critical position to both quality and hardware safety; the ideal candidate for this role will take pride in their work, be focused, dependable, knowledgeable, adaptable, and trustworthy. There will be times where this individual will need to perform various operations other than inspection for example: Airflow, Mass Flow, Blending and Benching, and Grit Blast. Experience with these operations is a plus, but not a requirement.
The Inspector selected for this role will be expected to maintain a clean work environment and will occasionally have to perform simple preventative maintenance to equipment. Due to the nature of the business, this role will be presented with opportunities for extra hours on Saturdays as needed. This role will report directly to the Quality Manager. Will adhere to all quality and safety standards.
- Effectively interpret results of inspections
- Be capable of receiving a Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection level II certification, if not already had
- Must have strong math competency, with the ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Be able to demonstrate basic computer literacy. (Word, and Excel experience)
- Must be able to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances, including part drawings and blue prints
- Experience with analog hand measurement tools (calipers, vernier micrometers, dial indicators, and gages)
- Must be able to clearly document results of inspections coherently
- Must be willing to cross train and support work in other departments
- Must have the ability follow instructions and communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to work day, night or swing shift and perform overtime when necessary, including weekends
- Perform any other tasks management deems necessary or needed by the company
- HS diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – documentation required
- Ongoing FAA testing and training required
- MT Texas is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment FAA drug testing will be required.
- Fluorescent penetrant inspection NDT Level 2 NAS 410
- 2-year degree in science-related field OR 3+ years’ experience in inspection
- FAA A&P license (Minimum of Powerplant endorsement)
- Prior FAA Airmen Certificate holder
- Knowledge of benching, deburring, scribing, and blending
- Prior experience with visual, airflow, and dimensional inspections of aerospace / gas turbine components at an FAA Repair Station
- Prior experience in Metallurgical Laboratory, Titrations, Calibrations, CMM, and Production Operations
- Demonstrated continuous improvement efforts
- General understanding of AS9100 and its process within the company
- Knowledge of MPCS
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility. The employee must frequently lift, and /or position materials up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#6328031023TX to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.