This position will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment at MT Texas facility. Will be responsible for completing all facilities and machine maintenance activities while maintaining accurate logs and records on work performed. Will support production needs with improvement project implementation.
Reporting directly to the MT Texas Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Technician performs required maintenance and repair on all equipment used for meeting daily production requirements; Resolves all daily facilities issues to meet production requirements; Completes scheduled preventative maintenance requirements while maintaining various logs, records, and visual controls to document machine operation and down time; Enters required data into computer; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work area; Adheres to all quality and safety standards; Professionally interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and site personnel. Will occasionally drive company truck for supply pick up.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely repair of all equipment at MT Texas facility
- Communicate with Production Control to maintain inventory levels of spare components
- Maintain the overall orderliness of maintenance area and organization of replacement components
- Perform all PMs and daily upkeep of machinery/facility with direction from Facilities Manager
- Maintain a clean and organized maintenance area
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects
- Adhere to all safety and quality standards
- Strong knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- Must have a high degree of experience in mechanical aptitude, accuracy, and precision
- Pass a respirator fit test and maintain yearly testing requirements
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to be added to company’s fleet policy
- Must demonstrate a high knowledge in all aspects of maintenance
- Ability to use systematic troubleshooting to a component level
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, with minimal supervision
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent- Documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person- Documentation required
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision
- Be able to communicate, write and document information clearly in English
- Must have a strong willingness to learn and self-teach
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Ongoing FAA training and testing mandatory
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- May be required to work extra hours/weekends
- MT Texas is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of FAA pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance role, performing machine maintenance tasks, or mechanical/electrical in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding in multiple maintenance disciplines is a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary, use hand to finger, handle, feel, stand, move throughout the facility, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or position materials up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift or move 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#6500030423TX to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.