The Machine Build Mechanic position will report to ATD supervisor and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of hydraulic and mechanical systems, applying thorough knowledge of mechanical technologies and principles. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems related to the above systems and works under minimal amount of supervision to resolve problems with production equipment.
- Assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for equipment such as production machinery, production or development test equipment and support systems
- Repairs rotaries and trunnions
- Will laser shoot machines for annual calibrations
- Assists with hazardous waste pickup, movement and storage in accordance with regulatory requirements, as required
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings and assembly drawings for mechanical systems or machinery
- Coordinates and participates in installation of equipment, connection valves, pumps, hydraulic, and mechanical devices
- Diagnoses and corrects the challenging problems in production machinery and/or test equipment. Devises solutions to complex problems including fabrication of parts, system modifications to provide additional functionality and performs analysis on existing systems to determine process capability
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and documents completion of these task
- Documents mechanical or electrical problems and utilizes internal and external resources to find solutions to those problems
- Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments; performs precision alignment of machinery and balancing for rotating
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standard and adhere to all safety standards
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- High School diploma or equivalent required- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person- documentation required
- 5 years of machine maintenance/mechanical maintenance experience
- Must have very strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to properly use calibration equipment and work within close tolerances (.0005”) after training
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information
- Ability to read and use a wide range of precision mechanical measurement devices
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and hydraulic schematics
- The ability to identify problems and to assist with resolutions. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination. Less than 20% travel.
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. May also be required to climb, stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, or crawl. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 10% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #540121021ATD to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Friday July 22nd, 2022