The Metrology Machine Calibration Technician position will report to the ATD supervisor and is responsible for creating and maintaining annual checks on critical equipment. This position requires thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical technology to improve machine quality. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems to maintain world class machines. Must be able to work under minimal amount of supervision to resolve problems with production equipment.
- Travel is required to maintain calibration and verification records for various Meyer Tool machines at multiple locations. Transportation may be via commercial or private air travel. Travel could be up to 50% of the month/year.
- Create and maintain annual machine schedules, work with production managers for machine availability to preform checks
- Maintain essential top-tier laser equipment and keep equipment in good operating condition
- Use Renishaw equipment to measure close tolerances
- Diagnose and fix common problems on various machines while in the field
- Work with other departments for additional training as schedule allows
- Document mechanical or electrical issues and utilize internal and external resources to resolve the issues
- Examine parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments; perform precision alignment of machinery and balancing for rotating
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards and regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent (documentation required)
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Persons (documentation required)
- 3 of years of relevant experience
- Experience/working knowledge with Renshaw laser or other high precision laser equipment
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information
- Ability to read and use a wide range of precision mechanical and electrical measurement devices
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic schematics
- The ability to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to follow instructions verbally and in writing in English
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination.
- The ability to identify problems and to assist with resolutions. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes to improve operational effectiveness
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Will need the ability to stoop, bend at the waist, kneel, lean, or crawl at times. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 10% of the work day). Employee will be required to move throughout the facility. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume noting job inquiry ID#545371122ATD to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.