The Machine/Facility Maintenance Technician will need to perform daily shop, facility, and machine maintenance needs with an understanding of Pneumatic Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Mechanical Drive Systems, and Bearing, Seals and Lubrication.
- Assists with hazardous waste pickup, movement and storage in accordance with regulatory requirements, as required
- Reads and interprets mechanical and electrical drawings and assembly drawings for mechanical systems or machinery
- Coordinates and participates in installation of equipment, connection valves, pumps, hydraulic, and mechanical devices
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, and coolant systems and documents completion of these task
- Documents mechanical or electrical problems and utilizes internal and external resources to find solutions to those problems
- Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments; performs precision alignment of machinery and balancing for rotating
- Troubleshoot Machinery and Facility issues
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to OSHA and other Internal and external quality standards
- Work with EHS, Maintenance Team, Facilities Team and Management on a daily basis
- High School diploma or equivalent required- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Persons- documentation required
- Previous machine maintenance/machine mechanic experience
- Must have very strong mechanical aptitude
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information in English
- Ability to research and define replacement parts for equipment via working with manufacturers and suppliers
- Ability to read and use a wide range of precision mechanical measurement devices
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and hydraulic schematics
- The ability to identify problems and to assist with resolutions. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Knowledge of general Facilities maintenance
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, stoop, bend at the waist, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 10% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #7906011122MTRO to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.