General maintenance person with experience in electronic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics maintenance. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment and machinery. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems related to the above equipment and related systems and works under minimal supervision to resolve problems.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine maintenance and repair on all machines and facility equipment. The maintenance technician also performs preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance as required. Ensures work is performed in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner. Resolves daily issues to meet production requirements. Communicates with various departments and individuals including the immediate supervisor, coworkers, and other shop personnel.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and repair of production machines
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all facility support equipment
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Maintain the overall orderliness of maintenance area and organization of replacement components
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Communicate with Purchasing to maintain inventory levels of spare components
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- High School diploma or equivalent – documentation required
- 5+ years’ experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment or closely related field.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of many aspects of machinery and general facility maintenance
- Must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy, and precision
- Experience using dial indicators, micrometers, calipers and other measuring equipment
- Flexibility with work schedule (Overtime, Weekends, and Holidays may be required depending on the need of the business)
- Understanding of continuous improvement processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Review maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
- Strong knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- 5 + years’ experience with CNC, PLC, machine and circuit board repair
- Strong PCB soldering skills
- Must be able to use blue prints, diagrams, schematics, parts/service manual
- Ability to use systematic troubleshooting to a component level
- Strong knowledge of multimeters and o-scopes and other measuring and testing devices
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, with minimal supervision
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment physical and drug testing will be required.
- Utilization of Web Utility to open and close out maintenance request, order spare parts, and other activities as required
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hand to finger, handle, feel, stand, move throughout the facility, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or position materials up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and inclement weather. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #11450031122BB to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, and genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.