This position reports to the ATD Manager and is responsible for leading the machine maintenance team with responsibility for 500+ production machines. This position requires both mechanical and electrical maintenance background; engineering experience is a plus. This position requires a good communicator who is able to work with all levels of personnel within the company. This is a day shift position, leading and coordinating teams to cover two shifts during weekdays and reduced staff on weekends. There may be occasional need to work extra hours and/or to respond with phone or text message communication beyond day shift hours.
- Manage daily/weekly attendance and job reporting for accounting department and payroll
- Participate in the hiring process, interviewing and screening applicants, working closely with ATD team and HR staff. Coordination with ATD manager and HR for personnel matters including performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and safety incident reporting
- Coordinate with other supervisors who manage machine build and facility maintenance teams
- Continuous interface with production supervisors, supporting shipping schedules and maintenance priorities according to business requirements
- Supervise machine checks and preventive maintenance schedules on weekly, monthly, and annual schedules
- Schedule and supervise outside service contractors, arranging and hosting of visiting service technicians, mainly from OEM machine companies
- Coordination of machine maintenance activity with manufacturing plants in multiple domestic locations and minimal international locations. Limited travel may be required, typically via private company-owned transportation.
- Support machine moves and inter-plant machine shipment. Plan and coordinate facilities hookups: power, water, and air. Coordinate with production management to provide minimal interruption to production operations.
- Participate and plan employee training for machine maintenance skills and employee development (organizational and technical skills)
- Adhere to all Quality and Safety standards and protocols
- High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical diagrams and understand technical specifications, both mechanical and electrical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions and present information clearly in English
- Must be proficient with email (Outlook), MS Word, and MS Excel for status reporting to business management and planning
- 20 years of experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance; background in engineering is a plus
- Previous experience in CNC machinery maintenance in large scale aerospace or high-value parts manufacturing
- Experience with machining and manufacturing of various specialty-alloy metal parts including grinding, EDM drilling, EDM wire cutting, conventional turning, and machining centers
- Experience with QS9000 quality systems, work instructions, quality audits, and audit resolutions
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- Must be willing to travel within US and internationally with as little as 24 hour notice
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial degree
- Engineering background a plus
- Knowledge and experience relating to MPCS
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Employee must bend, squat, kneel and stoop at times. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color perception, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume, noting job #540160223ATD, to the Human Resources department via email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.