The Machine Maintenance Technician position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of hydraulic and mechanical systems, applying thorough knowledge of mechanical technologies and principles. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems related to the above systems. Works under minimal supervision to resolve problems with production equipment.
- Assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for equipment such as production machinery, production or development test equipment and support systems
- Runs diagnostic tests and makes adjustments ensuring machine is running at optimal performance
- Troubleshoots problems with electrical controls
- Reads and interprets mechanical and assembly drawings for mechanical systems or machinery
- Coordinates and participates in installation of equipment connection valves, pumps, hydraulic and mechanical devices
- Diagnoses and corrects challenging problems in production machinery and/or test equipment and makes repairs
- Devises solutions to complex problems including fabrication of parts and system modifications to provide additional functionality, and performs analysis on existing systems to determine process capability
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and documents completion of these tasks
- Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments; performs precision alignment of machinery and balancing for rotating
- Documents mechanical or electrical problems and utilizes internal and external resources to find solutions to those problems
- Maintains meticulous records of service histories using data to diagnose and address future issues
- Recommends upgrades and modifications to improve system performance
- Devises safety plans that comply with workplace safety laws designed to reduce cost of repairs
- Assists with hazardous waste pickup, movement and storage in accordance with regulatory requirements, as required
- Adheres to AS9100 and all applicable safety and quality standards
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- High school diploma or equivalent – documentation required, with minimum 2 years’ electrical and electronic troubleshooting experience
- Must meet ITAR definition of U.S. Person(s) – documentation required
- Knowledge of mathematics pertaining to machinery
- Use of machines and tools such as screwdrivers, amplifiers, calipers
- Quality Control Analysis knowledge and application
- Operation monitoring
- Experience with 480v systems
- Proficiency in utilizing diagnostic software
- Analyze and interpret data
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand drawings, technical manuals, and instructions to perform system installation activities
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software including Microsoft Excel; working utilization of MS software (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to write effectively; read and understand work documents; communicate information clearly; listen attentively and comprehend spoken and written information in English
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility in hours based on business necessity
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in the machine tool electrical maintenance field with 1-3 years of previous manufacturing experience
$21 – 25 Base Hourly Rate
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary, sit, use hand to finger, handle, feel, stand, move throughout the facility, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift/and or position materials up to 35 and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#5500040922NY to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.