FAA Testing Required
Experienced Machinist has the ability to run multiple CNC equipment and manual machines effectively and efficiently. Can identify problems during the production runs, position work pieces, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment.
Performs required operations on CNC mills, horizontal lathes and vertical lathe machines, including machine setup, load and unloading of parts, part inspection, machine preparation; Cleans and performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production, enters required data into computer; moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including work instructions, travelers, shift reports, SPMs, shift reports, safety data sheets, etc.as applicable; Prepares labor sheets and identifies non-conformance; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operates CNC mill, horizontal and vertical lathe machines, grinders, micrometers, gauges, various power tools, computer, etc.; Performs related duties as required.
- Set up and break down of jobs
- Perform tasks and activities within standard time allotted
- Maintenance of area two bin system
- Perform operator TPM on machines
- Verification of production parts to work instructions before signing off on traveler
- Maintain all tooling fixtures and machine tooling as required
- Adherence to all inspection criteria and work instruction tolerances
- Proper application of various measuring tools
- Support secondary responsibilities i.e. grinding, blending and bonding
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Adhere to AS9100 and all other quality standards that apply
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must demonstrate essential competency in machining and/or the ability to learn the required skills
- Knowledge of benching, deburring, and blending is preferred but not required
- Be able to write and document information clearly
- Must be able to run parts to spec on a daily basis on multiple machines
- Must be able to read simple part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers and dial calipers accurately
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- FAA Drug Testing Required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment FAA drug testing will be required.
1-5 years’ experience in CNC mill and lathe operation, manual horizontal and vertical lathe machining
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #6400040522TX to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.