FAA Testing Mandatory
Trained Machinist provides safe and efficient routine and non-routine machining to aerospace/aircraft components and parts in accordance with MT R&O policies and procedures and FAA regulations using machine tools such as drill presses, lathes, grinders and milling machines to rework, finish, and produce metal parts and components. Combines knowledge of metals with skillful handling of machine tools to make precision machined aerospace/aircraft parts and tooling.
- Experience setting up and operating VTLs, manual lathes, CNC lathes, manual mills, CNC mills, surface grinders, O.D. / I.D. grinders, boring mills
- Familiar with Aerospace alloys such as Inco 718, Inco 625, Titanium, Waspaloy, etc.
- Must be able to machine to hold close tolerances .0005 or less
- Must be motivated self-starter & work with minimal direction
- Ability to understand directions verbally and in writing in English
- Understand and use GD&T
- Ability to read large assembly drawings
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Ongoing FAA Testing and Training Mandatory
- High School diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, as needed
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-placement FAA drug testing will be required.
- 7 or more years’ relevant experience
- Tool Maker
- Knowledge of tool geometry (rake angle, helix, primary and secondary angles)
- Knowledgeable at programming CNC controls
- Knowledge and use of trigonometry
- Familiar with assembly/disassembly procedures and use of torque and torque procedures
- Knowledge and application of interference fits (ratio to size)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume, noting job #7400101122MTRO, to the Human Resources department via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Tuesday April 4th, 2023