General Maintenance person with experience in plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, HVAC, forklift, compressor, and pneumatics maintenance. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment at Meyer Tool Greenville. Responsible for the repair, trouble shooting, and maintenance of electrical, electronic, hydraulic and mechanical systems, applying thorough knowledge of the aforementioned technologies and principles. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems related to the above systems and works under minimal supervision to resolve problems with equipment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine preventative maintenance, plumbing repairs, carpentry, HVAC, forklift, compressor and pneumatics, and building repairs as required. Performs preventative maintenance around the facility. Ensures work is performed in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety and quality protocols. Performs required maintenance and repair on all Meyer Tool Greenville machines, including all equipment used during operation to ensure maximum up time. Resolves daily issues to meet production requirements. Communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, coworkers, and other shop personnel
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and make necessary repairs in timely manner
- Communicate with supervisor to maintain inventory levels of spare components
- Maintain the overall orderliness of maintenance area and organization of replacement components
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Adhere to all safety protocol and requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent- Documentation Required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- Documentation Required
- Strong knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- Experience with repairing hydraulics & ability to run hydraulic lines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, with minimal supervision
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate information to other and follow instructions both verbally and in writing in English
- Valid SC driver’s license, current auto insurance (documentation required), and acceptable driving record
- Ability to drive company van, small box truck and/or large box truck
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of many aspects of maintenance
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- Experience with CNC, PLC, electronic circuit board repair
- Ability to use systematic troubleshooting to a component level
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- 5+ years of mechanical/electrical experience
- Mechanical/Electrical certifications
- Auto, Diesel, Mechanic or strong Machine Build background
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hand to finger, handle, feel, stand, move throughout the facility, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, and / or position materials up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and inclement weather. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume, noting job #504190423SC, to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, and genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.