General Maintenance person with experience in plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, HVAC, forklift, compressor, and pneumatics maintenance. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment at Meyer Tool Greenville. Responsible for the repair, trouble shooting, and maintenance of hydraulic and mechanical systems, applying thorough knowledge of mechanical technologies and principles. This position utilizes internal and external resources to solve complex operational problems related to the above systems and works under minimal supervision to resolve problems with equipment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine preventative maintenance, plumbing repairs, carpentry, HVAC, forklift, compressor and pneumatics, and building repairs as required. Performs preventative maintenance around the facility. Ensures work is performed in a safe and efficient manner. Performs required maintenance and repair on all Meyer Tool Greenville machines, including all equipment used during operation to ensure maximum up time. Resolved daily issues to meet production requirements. Communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, coworkers, and other shop personnel.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all equipment at the Meyer Tool Greenville facility.
- Function effectively within a team environment.
- Maintain the overall orderliness of maintenance area and organization of replacement components.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Communicate with Purchasing and Tool Crib to maintain inventory levels of spare components.
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- High School diploma or equivalent – documentation required
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the areas
- Valid US driver’s license
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of many aspects of maintenance
- Must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy, and precision
- Excellent attendance is required
- Flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Strong knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- Experience with CNC, PLC, electronic circuit board repair
- Ability to use systematic troubleshooting to a component level
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, with minimal supervision
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally in English
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hand to finger, handle, feel, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, and / or position materials up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and inclement weather. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #508130219SC to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com or apply in person at 7640 Pelham Road Greenville, SC 29615 Monday through Friday 9am – 4pm. No phone calls or agencies.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Wednesday February 20th, 2019