This position is responsible for creating ERP job processes, model creation, process drawings and fixture designs for both development and production of military, aerospace and industrial gas turbine hardware. Implement the required processes while keeping Safety, Quality, Cost, and Lean processes in mind. Develop tooling and machine processes as needed to achieve success.
- Perform contract reviews, interpret and understand customer requirements
- Interpret and understand customer drawing requirements
- Using ERP system, create the job processes to achieve success
- Model creation from customer drawings, process models/drawings, fixture designs/drawings, gage designs/drawings, etc. for manufacturing of development and production hardware
- Perform analytical calculations necessary for designing tooling and fixtures (tolerance stack-ups, fits, torque requirements, thermal expansion at various temperatures etc.)
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality personnel to assure that the job process and fixture designs meet production and customer requirements
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per Y14.5M-1994 or similar
- Seek to achieve maximum cost efficiency and usability in design
- Have the ability to develop fixture designs from parts or assembly prints
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or reduce production inefficiencies
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Experience in Aerospace or IGT manufacturing (Preferred)
- S. in a relevant Engineering field or 7 years’ industry experience with HS Diploma or GED- documentation required
- Knowledge and ability to apply use of SOLIDWORKS or comparable CAD software
- Must be able to provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision blueprints, drawings, and models
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse, 3D mouse, and keyboard – 95% of the work day). The employee will be required to move throughout the facility. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #11700040124BB to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.