Will oversee the the day-to-day management of night shift manufacturing operations. In coordination with Senior Management, the Night Shift Manufacturing Supervisor will manage the performance and schedule of personnel working in a variety of departments within headquarters; Will ensure quality product and service delivery within the scope and timing of the projects; Will oversee the proper training, workflow methods, and operational techniques of employees; Will provide timely delivery of reports; Will help manage and facilitate policy, procedures, safety practices and standard operating procedures; Will adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards.
- Supervise and coordinate all activates of employees assigned to the applicable department(s) on night shift
- Communicate with team leaders and members of the department by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department
- Liaise with all supporting departments to resolve problems
- Direct the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality
- Accurately and promptly complete all paperwork associated with the position (corrective actions, scrap reports, production reports, downtime, employee evaluations, etc.)
- Coordinate production part rework activity, as needed
- In coordination with Management, implement process improvements
- Ensure that job performance issues are resolved fairly in accordance with the Employee Handbook with assistance of Human Resource Department
- All other responsibilities, duties and/ or training that are assigned by Management
- Combination of Associate’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or High School diploma and 5+ years of relevant manufacturing leadership. Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred. (Documentation required)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints
- Understanding of tooling, programming, and set-ups of machinery
- Ability to inspect work produced using micrometers, gauges, calipers and other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications
- Must be proficient in advanced mathematics, such as calculus
- Must have full command of English language and the ability to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel within the company
- Must have the flexibility to work through completion of time critical projects as necessary
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, and Windows Explorer, etc.
- Must be proficient in analyzing information, problem solving, and teamwork
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person (Documentation required)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- Supervisory or Management experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- 4 or more years’ experience in Aerospace manufacturing environment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. May be required to stoop, crawl, or climb on occasion. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 45% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #405880821 to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.
This post will expire on Monday September 25th, 2023