Metallurgical Lab Technician follows instructions from Lab Manager and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to execute laboratory operations including, but not limited to, metallographic preparation, photography, microscopy, and other routine metallographic tests. The customer support level in this role is important as a need for quickness and precision in executing work and delivering results in a timely manner is critical to the success of the metallurgical lab and satisfying Meyer Tool production needs.
- Prepare specimens for metallurgy by abrasive cutting, mounting, polishing and chemical etching
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic photography on prepared test specimens
- Perform oxidation and adhesion testing using hi temp furnaces and computer programs
- Compose reports, graph and analyze data using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Maintain accurate and legible records of metallurgy testing, set-up and results
- Perform work in a safe manner and adhere to safety programs, processes and procedures set forth for the specific process and for company safety programs in general
- Achieve established work area cleanliness standards and maintain a high degree of organization in work area(s); follow and support 6S program efforts
- Contributes to revision of procedures
- Achieve and strive for highest quality standards in work
- Perform daily routine maintenance checks of equipment
- Interact with engineers, project managers, other technicians, and/or external divisions to deliver desired results in a timely manner
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent- Documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- Documentation required
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- 20/25 vision (Corrected) required.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work well with ever-changing priorities and/or situations
- Exhibit and maintain positive, solutions-oriented attitude toward work and co-workers
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress, despite numerous interruptions
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in assigned tasks on a consistent basis
- Must be willing to obtain CCL Certification using Meyer Tool’s employee benefit program
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- 2 or more years’ experience working in metallurgical evaluation lab.
- CCL coatings certification for Aluminide and Thermal Spray Coatings
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequent stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job #390101222 to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Tuesday March 28th, 2023