The Oracle Database Administrator will design, develop, modify, and evaluate database related utilities and tools for internal functional areas. Plans, coordinates,and administers Oracle database(s), including base definition, structures, documentation, upgrades, long-range resource requirements, operational guidelines, and security. Monitors, evaluates and ensures database integrity. Establishes and maintains database access security integrity controls to comply with Meyer Tool, Inc. security guidelines. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Responsible for monitoring and problem resolution, backup and recovery, performance tuning, software installation, resolving Oracle errors and failures, user and database storage management, auditing activities and resource utilization.
- As part of a team, the DBA will create and maintain all databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff to build the capacity plans.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Installs new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- As part of a team, the DBA will control migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all applications design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform revisions on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrades take place with minimal impact
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This will be in the form of a ticket queue.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database
- Works as part of a team to administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications, and development tools.
- Mange sharing of resources amongst applications
- The DBA has input for the physical database design
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field- documentation required. Associate’s / Diploma will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s if relevant experience is present.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Database Administration
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person- documentation required
- Good Experience in Oracle SQL and MS SQL Database Administration and Management
- Exposure in various tools and technologies like OEM, Grid Control, SCOM, Golden gate, Oracle RAC, Dataguard etc.
- Working knowledge of Incident Management, Service Request and Change Management Process
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting and fixing of database issues
- Identify Performance Problems and Provide solutions
- Setup & Schedule Maintenance Jobs and ensure the Health of DBs
- Knowledge of operating system(s) including Unix and Windows based systems
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform tuning to both Oracle and operating systems performance monitoring and necessary adjustments
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management, how Oracle requires and manages resources, and Oracle enforces data integrity
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to follow instructions, understand information, and present information to other, both verbally and in writing, in English
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use fingers, hands, reach with hands, and arms, and communicate. Will be required to move throughout the facility. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 95% of the work day). The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Employee must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #580610423CX to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age and genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.